Travelling is a very wonderful experience. However, sometime you are met with choices that need careful consideration. Like, should you choose camping as opposed to hotel accommodation?
Which of the two is cheap?
Most travelers will prefer hotel accommodation as oppose to camping. This is because in many travel destinations, camping facilities are not aggressively marketed. The prices in many camping facilities are often cheaper. However, these camps are meant to give you an experience that you will never have when staying in a hotel. You may not have a TV or a Wifi connection, but you get a comfortable bed, nice prepared food, security and a chance to spend a night under the beautiful stars in a secure tent.
Some tour operators recommend camping to their clients because of its cheap prices, uniqueness and a chance to do more. The average cheap hotel price is $80-100 per night. The average camping price is $5-10 per night. Camping will save you up to 50% of accommodation budget compared to hotel accommodation.
Most people spend more on accommodation as compared to other activities. Their entire travelling budget revolves around getting a cheap hotel. They will deny themselves some important experiences just to save money for their accommodation.
What if they opt for camping?
They will save enough money to be able to enjoy other experiences. If you cannot enjoy your holiday, then you are the same as that person who never travelled. The best way to enjoy if you are on a budget is to cut cost as much as you can. One of the ways is by choosing camping instead of hotel accommodation.
I love travelling to different places but it takes a heavy toll on my bank balance. last year I researched and found out ways to save while travelling and now I can travel five places with the money I earlier used to spend at one place. Here are a few tricks to save money while travelling.
- Airline Tickets – Plan 90 days ahead and you can get really economic tickets for flight. Getting a round trip ticket is a good option.
- Light Luggage – Keeping luggage light will help you to save on luggage costs while travelling and also you would not require help.
- Carry old clothes – If you plan to buy new clothes while travelling just carry the real old ones. You can substitute them and the luggage remains light.
- Eat more lunch and less dinner – Lunches cost less than dinner(This is my research). Just keep dinner light and you can save a lot.
- Rent small cars – Always rent small cars. You would not believe the difference in savings. Just try it on your next trip.
- Exchange at Government exchanges – Currency exchanges can be really expensive with private dealers. Spend some time to go to a government exchange center and exchange. You will save a good amount.
- Travel in off-season – In tourist season everything is really expensive. IT does not make a difference if you travel in off-season. You will save on hotels, travel and much more.
Crisp currency in your wallet feels good right.We tend to spent all cash we have in our pockets. This is true for all age groups. So how to develop a passion for saving cash.
Following some simple tricks can help you save amount of cash you would have never imagined.
- Keep a separate account for savings – We generally operate more than one bank account. Reserve one account for all savings that you do. It will help in a big way to save cash.
- Save the savings – When you are shopping for clothes and have $100 budget, but get the stuff for $80 due to discount, then make it a habit to deposit the extra into a different bank account. This is the one you opened for saving purpose only.
- Inculcate the piggy bank habit – My father always gave his change to me for my piggy bank. You can also imbibe this habit in order to save the change.
- Make saving a competition – Make saving a fun habit. Keep a competition of who can save more and reward the person who saves more. This will make saving a fun thing to do and not a pain in the neck.
- Invest the saved amount periodically – The savings that you have in your account should not be left there. It will depreciate. Take out 50 percent of that money and invest. Rest 50 percent will take care of emergency.
- Be clear about preferences – Always spend on necessities first and buy luxury items only when you have enough investments.
Want to save some quick cash? These simple actions taken at the right time will go a long way to save cash. You will never be out of cash.